Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sanrio Hello Kitty Town

I went on a day trip to Hello Kitty Town which includes the entrance fee, two-way coach transfer and a dinner at Lat's Place, which you can read about here. Sanrio Hello Kitty Town is actually in a building that resembles a factory. It is an indoor theme park with a cafe and gift shop on the first floor, entrance to the place, Hello Kitty Town on the second floor and Little Big Club on the third floor that features Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder and Barney the Purple Dinosaur. Really a haven for little kids!

 Hello Kitty Town is in this building
 


 Entrance to Hello Kitty Town on the right
 
Entrance to the cafe, gift shop and Hello Kitty Town
 
I had to give my entrance ticket to the counter, where I was given a pink slip where I could earn stamps for activities, and a pink tag as proof that I had entered the place.

 My admission ticket
 
 Back of the admission ticket
 
 The pink slip
 
The stamps given when I did the activity
 
As seen from the stamp, I went into the Hello Kitty House and the Black Wonder Dungeon. I could not be bothered to do the studio activities as those are more for kids.
 
The whole Hello Kitty Town is not that big, since it only takes up one floor of the building. Inside is everything a little girl (or the little girl in us) will love. There is a Hello Kitty small carousel, a photo booth, a Hello Kitty House, a stage, a studio, an indoor playground, a snack bar and even a dungeon!
 







I arrived just in time to see the Kitty carnival, featuring a small parade of Kitty, Daniel and some dancers. They then went on stage to greet everyone.





 
I could not be bothered to stay for the rest of the show, so I entered Hello Kitty House. That is the only one that I actually like, because the things in there are so cute! I only wish my childhood room was like that!
 

 The living room of Hello Kitty House
 

 I like this stained glass window!
 
 And this light!
 

 Windows of the dining room
 
 The dining room
 
 I wish this piano was real!
 
 I love this cupboard!
 
 And this clock!
 
 And this screen too!
 
 Kitchen window
 
 The kitchen larder
 

 Refrigerator
 
 Kitchen sink
 


 The stove and chimney
 
 Love this bathtub!
 

 I wish my bed is like this!
 
 The walk-in wardrobe
 



The window outside Hello Kitty House
 
 Statue of Kitty and Daniel
 
After coming out of Hello Kitty House, I went to the Black Wonder Dungeon, passing by the snack bar and indoor playground.
 
 The indoor playground
 
Comparatively, I prefer the house to the dungeon. There is supposed to be a game going on, but I could not get the game. Surprisingly the children were able to get it. Hmmm... does it mean I do not even have the intelligence of a mere child?
 
 The dungeon
 
 Inside the dungeon
 









After exiting from Hello Kitty Town, since my ticket did not entitle me to to the Little Big Club, I had to exit via the gift shop. The variety of cute things sold in the gift shop is really amazing! I am so tempted to buy some of the things, but alas I find them too pricey for me.










 
I was in and out of the place in less than two hours. Since I had time to kill, I decided to go to Johor Bahru town itself and hang out until it was time to go back for the dinner. Overall, I think if I have kids, I would have spent a more fruitful time there as the place is catered more for kids than adults. Perhaps next time if I have my own family I will bring my children here!


No comments:

Post a Comment